A Positive Outlook for the Summer and Back-to-School Shopping Season
By Andrew Tananbaum
While the first half of the year may have given retailers and wholesalers cause, according to the results of our latest Global Retail Manufacturers and Importers Survey the summer retail season will end on a positive note and the fall season is also poised for growth.
Here are some key highlights from the survey
Back-to-school shopping season
- 81% of suppliers believe this year’s fall retail season will be stronger than or the same as 2015
- 19% believe the fall shopping season will start earlier than last year while 25% believe it will start later than the previous years
Summer 2016 shopping season
- Nearly 40% of importers reported an increase in orders from retailers
- Additionally of these importers, 60% of them indicated orders have spiked 10% or more
- 75% of importers and suppliers are experiencing reorders for key merchandise
Read the full results of Capital Business Credit’s Global Retail Manufacturers and Importers Survey here.